Monday, May 4, 2009

Season Change




I have had the biggest funk from knitting lately. I don't know what it is... I just can't bring myself to knit even two rows a day.

I have, however, been cleaning my garden out and organizing clothes, toys, and other random what-am-I-going-to-do-with-this-or-when-am-I-ever-going-to-use-this items. Which also includes cleaning these items. Along with that, I'm spring cleaning, so everything is being washed. It's a poor load on the washer... a lot of heat on the dryer, too. They're really being wrung.

My son is at the stage now where being still just isn't good enough for him. He crawls to the nearest peace of furniture and up he goes on his toes. He's used to being supported though and just stops using his legs. That can turn tragic. He is such a big boy now, though. No more holding him like a baby. This man wants to sit up like the rest of us:)

My daughter is getting more and more vocal about everything, to say it the nicest way that I possibly can. What I want for her is to have a wonderful relationship with her and for her to respect me, not out of fear, but because she dreams of growing up and being me one day. What this will take is a major change on my part, because I am an adult in this situation, and what I've learned from this situation so far is that I have met my match. This goes without saying that my daughter has a mind of her own, she hears what she wants to hear, and is completely fearless. She is a very brave and bold little cutie pie who is completely justified in anything wrong she does, including having a very sassy mouth, but like they say, the apple doesn't fall far, so it's me who needs to change.

My dog now has more freedom around the house being that we've put her pen in the back of the house. She roams the house now more, and i must say, so far I'm proud of her.

My husband built a garden for my daughter because she was constantly digging up things she and I planted together so they weren't growing. She wanted a place to dig, he made it for her, lined it with rocks. It is adorable, I must say. I painted the rock at the head of it. My husband has also gotten into his music a lot more. It's wonderful because he's talented and it makes him so happy, and I love listening to the beautiful music he's created. I do a lot for him. I email his videos to my friends and my musical friends on both Myspace and Facebook. I'm trying to set him up with places to play, but my schedule conflicts with the owners of bar's so that's something he will have to assist me with. He is going to start playing out more. I will miss him, but I want him to do what makes him happy. Besides, though I would love to go to his shows with him, more than anything else in this world, it's good time while the children are asleep to catch up on housework and studying. You would be surprised how messy we can make our house in just a matter of hours. Between my full time job, parenting, spending time with my husband doing photography and listening to his new songs, or watching his new videos, and looking at his new pictures, I don't hardly have time to clean the house. Here recently by the end of the time I do have left over it's a battle between housework or knitting or whatever it is my hobby is on that week.

I made my first etsy sale. I was really excited because I have had things listed on there for a while now, so seeing my first sale was awesome! My friend advised me to put paypal only, and while I thought I should have, I accepted money orders, too. I was so excited to see my first sale!! But now my etsy is set to paypal only. I still sold the necklace, by good will:)

My job is going great. Still no raise, but happy to be employed. I like my job and am comfortable performing a task that would have had me wired two months ago. I think I've come a long way.

I have reconstructed my backyard. Here's a list of things I've made room for so far: tomatoes, carrots, corn, spinach, sunflowers, strawberries, bell peppers, banana peppers, thyme, sage, cilantro, parsley, Rosemary, Basil, lemon grass, dill, poppys, apple tree, peanuts, morning glory's, moon flowers, roses, garlic. Here's a list of things waiting for sunny weather to be planted: cucumbers, lettuce, brussel sprouts, potatoes, and possibly a lemon tree.

I love this time of year:)

No comments: